Policy on cancellation of registration and refund of participation fee
- If the registered participant exercises the right of unilateral termination of this accession contract by notifying the cancellation of the registration, sent to the official address of the event, if such notification is made no later than 90 days before the start date of the event, 50% of the participation fee will be refunded as the difference represents the value estimated by mutual agreement of the efforts, both in kind and financial, that the organizer have already been made or must continue to make and are unable to avoid or recover.
- If the notification regarding the cancellation of registration is sent less than 90 days before the start date of the event, the participation fee paid will not be refunded as the nature of the event-specific organizational costs means that they have already been incurred or that there is an obligation to allocate them without the possibility of cancellation or recovery.
- Notwithstanding points 1 and 2, the replacement of a participant by a person not yet registered as a participant, notified at the official address of the event by the waiver participant and who registers and pays the fee, entitles the waiver participant to a full refund if the replacement is made no later than 30 days before the start date of the event, and to 75% of the participation fee if the replacement is made after this date, but not more than 20 days before the start date of the event.
- From the amount determined as refundable according to point 3, when the substitute participant falls into a category for which a lower fee level is provided, the difference between the two fee levels and the bank fees due by the organizer for the collection of the fee shall be deducted so that in the end the organizer does not receive a lower participation fee than if there had been no replacement.
- In case of cancellation or postponement of the event for reasons not attributable to the organizing company and neither to the participant nor to a third party, but for reasons that fall into the category “fortuitous event” or “force majeure” as defined by the Civil Code, as well as in case that a participant can no longer arrive or participate in the event for reasons falling into the category “fortuitous event” or “force majeure”, the participant has the right to choose to defer the fee for the new period of the event, the next edition or a similar event offered by the organizer, in the form of maintaining the registration for the postponed event, the registration for the next edition or a similar event by modifying the object of the participation contract or granting a voucher that allows a subsequent registration for such an event, without paying a new fee, or paying only the difference.
- If the participant cannot or does not wish to opt for the deferral of the fee in accordance with point 5, in the cases provided for in that point, the participation fee may be refunded up to 50%, depending on the value of the organizational financial efforts and in kind that the organizers have already done or must continue to do and cannot be avoided or recovered.
- The total or partial refund of the participation fee according to the above provisions is made within 30 days from the end of the event or, in case of cancellation, from the date when it was supposed to take place, and in case of postponement, within 30 days from its conclusion, but not more than 90 days from the initial date for which the participant requesting the return has registered.
- The equivalent value of the bank fees due by the organizer for the return of the participation fee according to point 7 shall be borne by the beneficiary of the refund and shall be deducted from the amount to be refunded when the banking procedures do not allow establishing their collection exclusively from the beneficiary.