MD, PhD, FACS
Born in Genoa on February 28, 1964.
Graduated in Medicine and Surgery at the University of Genoa in 1988 with honours.
Post-graduate School in General Surgery and Trauma by the University of Genoa.
PhD in Experimental Surgery and Microsurgery by the University of Pavia.
Assistant Professor of General Surgery by the Department of Surgery – Unit of Lymphatic Surgery, University of Genoa, from 1999 to 2015.
Associate Professor of Surgery, from December 2015.
National Certification to Full Professor of Surgery.
Professor of General Surgery in the University Degree Course in Medicine and Surgery.
Professor of Surgery in the University Degree Course for Nurses.
Professor of Microsurgery in the Post-graduate School in General Surgery.
Professor of General Surgery in the Post-graduate School in Occupational Health.
Member of the board of the Post-graduate School in General Surgery and Urology.
Professor in the Post-graduate Course in “Microsurgery and Lymphology”.
Professor in PhD Course in Experimental Surgery and Microsurgery by the University of Pavia.
Visiting Professor by the University of Arizona College of Medicine, Department of Surgery, Tucson, AZ, USA, September 2004.
Visiting Professor by Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Hospital Universitario Clementino Fraga Filho, October 2000.
Honorary Member of Associaçâo Brasileira de Médicos Linfologistas, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janiero, Brasil, September 2005.
Honorary Member of Czech Society of Lymphology.
Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS), 2016.
Fellow of the following main Scientific Societies:
American College of Surgeons, International Society of Lymphology, European Society of Lymphology, Italian Society of Surgery, International Society for Surgical Research, International Society for Experimental Microsurgery, International Union of Angiology, International Union of Phlebology, Latin-Mediterranean Chapter of the International Society of Lymphology, Italian Society of Microsurgery, Italian Society of Lymphangiology.
- President of the European Society of Lymphology (ESL)
- President of the International Society for Experimental Microsurgery (ISEM)
- Past-President of the International Society of Lymphology (ISL) and member of the Executive Committee of ISL.
- Member of the Board of the Società Ligure di Chirurgia (SLC).
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) Instructor, Student Course of the American College of Surgeons, Italian Regional Faculty.
- Associate Editor of the journal Lymphology.
- Associate Editor of the journal European Journal of Lymphology and Related Problems.
- Editor at Large of Annals of Plastic Surgery
- Member of the Editorial Board of the journal Microsurgery
- Member of the Editorial Board of Scientifica
- Member of the Editorial Board of World Journal of Surgical Procedures (WJSP).
- Member of to the Editorial Advisory Board of Acta Angiologica
- Member of the Editorial Board of the Journal of Surgical Oncology & Clinical Practice
Author and Co-Author of over 200 scientific publications most of which reported in PubMed, indexed for MEDLINE (with IF). Author and Co-Author also of Chapters for 11 Textbooks of General Surgery and Vascular Surgery (5 Italian and 6 Foreign Books).
Invited speaker, Chairman and President of over 200 national and international Congresses, in most of which also member of the International Faculty and the Scientific Committee.
He organized as President of the Congress the 40th Congress of the European Society of Lymphology in Genoa, September 2014.